If the trainee is under 18, they will need a parent/guardian to sign and can bring that to the course. We do keep blanks at our site, so if you forget a home you can get another. Questions about the waiver are covered at the bottom of this page.
Below is the important information confirmed during your online or telephone registration (including our reschedule policy):
- I have read and agree to In Control’s Reschedule Policy (see below)
- I understand that if I am registering someone under age 18 and they will be arriving at the course without a parent/guardian, that they will come with a waiver signed by their parent/guardian.
- The Trainee(s) will bring their license or learner’s permit and understands that they cannot participate without it (and are subject to our reschedule policy as a result)
- The Trainee(s) will arrive 15 to 30 minutes before class start time to check in. Late arrival may result in an inability to participate subjecting you to our reschedule policy.
- The Trainee(s) understands that we train in all kinds of weather. Should the weather create an unsafe environment we will most likely contact you to reschedule. If you have questions about current weather impacting training, please call our office as we will update our outgoing message during non-business hours.
- The Trainee(s) instruction will take place both inside and outside. Dress appropriately. Trainee(s) cannot wear sandals or flip flops!
- The driving drills performed by trainees are not recommended if you are pregnant or have a serious pre-existing injury. If you have any health related concerns about participating, please contact our office before completing your registration.
If you choose to reschedule for any reason, we request at least seven days’ notice. Requests can be initiated through our website by following instructions found in your confirmation email(s). Requests to reschedule prior to seven days are done with no financial penalty. Requests to reschedule within seven days of your training date are handled as follows:
- 7 to 4 days notice results in a $50 per person reschedule fee.
- 3 to 0 days notice results in a $75 per person reschedule fee.
- A failure to contact us prior to your training date to request to reschedule will result in a $100 per person reschedule fee.
Registrations made within seven days of our class, but more than a day before training, are granted a 24 hr grace period from the time of registration where you can reschedule without penalty. In the event of a blizzard or some other weather that makes travel to our site dangerous, no reschedule fee will be charged.
While we do not offer course refunds, we will reschedule your class or issue you a non-transferable gift certificate valid for seven years from the original date of registration after any applicable reschedule fees are paid.
This document, titled “RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT”, addresses two important requirements for our course:
1. Safety is paramount in our organization and every reasonable precaution has been taken to protect trainees during their participation in our course. We have a flawless safety record and our professional staff, with the training they receive, are committed to keeping things that way. In order to operate at our facilities our leases requires that we maintain the appropriate liability insurance. As a result, our insurance company requires this waiver as a condition to participate in our course. You may recognize much of the language as it is similar to many of the sports facility, gym membership, and other participatory type agreements that you are asked to sign on a regular basis.
2.Our program is quite unique and we are often asked by the news media, local town officials and others for photos or videos of our program. Additionally, we often take pictures of participating students or groups for smaller newspapers or our own advertising where a professional photographer may not be available.
If you have any questions about this document, please feel free to contact us.